Action Steps: What do I do with what I have learned?
As we’ve discussed, these 5 characteristics should be by-products of our growing relationship with Jesus. They are only possible if we are abiding in Him. Having said that, below are areas that we should be seeking in our lives.
• Live Obediently – Before you can live obediently to what the Bible says, you have to know what it says. Below are some great ways to learn what it says. Don’t fall into the trap though of just learning it… live it!
Attend a weekend service at a local church. Apply what is taught to your life.
Sign-up for Starting Point.
a 10-week conversational environment covering the basics of Christianity.
Join a small group.
Sign-up for a class.
• Connect Intentionally – find a group of other Christians you can intentionally interact with on a regular basis.
Look for a group here.
Stop by the Next Steps counter at your campus.
• Serve Selflessly – If you are not currently serving in a ministry, stop by the Next Steps counter after any worship service and ask about ways you could serve, or go online to www.gethope.net/serve to browse specific opportunities.
• Give Generously – Begin investing in God’s kingdom by giving generously. You can give to the work God is doing through Hope here.
• Share Willingly – write out a list of five people you know who have not trusted Christ as their Savior, keep it in your Bible or add it as a reminder on your smart phone to pray for them regularly. Ask God to open their eyes and heart to Christ and to give you the boldness and opportunity to share your faith with them, or invite them to an outreach event at church or elsewhere.
Digging deeper resources:
Your Testimony: How to Prepare and Tell Your Story
Environments at Hope for you to grow in your relationship with Jesus:
- Browse the opportunities to Serve in the church, in the community, and globally.
- Find out about small groups at Hope Community